Segmentation is a method that allows you to 'segment' users into specific groups through Device Type, Location or URL Address. These definitions can then be used within your Campaign Notifications and Emails to help target specific users.
- Login to your Push Flew Account select Advanced Settings and then Segmentation.
- Let's start out by defining the Segments we want.
- Click the Manage Segments tab.
- In the Segment name field type in a name that defines a group for you, for example, a device type (mobile/desktop) or users location (USA, Europe, Asia etc)and then press the Add button.
- A Segment Id is created and assigned to the Segment Name you have defined.
- Click on the Segmentation Rules tab.
- Now that we have defined our Segments we can then assign them with SegmentationRules.
- If subscriber page URL contains field allows you to define a specific page then put it in segment gives you access to your defined Segment names through a pull-down menu. Press Add when complete to add it to the Segments Rules list at the bottom of the page.
- If subscriber location contains field allows you to define a specific location, then put it in segment gives you access to your defined Segment names through a pull-down menu. Press Add when complete to add it to the Segments Rules list at the bottom of the page.
- field is a pulldown list of either Desktop or Mobile
Here are some of our example below.
- Rules can be removed by selecting the Delete button next to the appropriate rule.